GV’s 10th annual “Fiesta de Guatemala” fundraiser auction is fast approaching and preparation is currently underway.
The 2011 auction will be held on May 14, at The Brockey Conference Center at South Seattle Community College. This year we’re hoping to raise $135,000 to be put toward:
- Building a school in Guatemala.
- Planting 4,000 trees in Guatemala.
- Providing scholarships for low income Seattle-area students to be participants in GV’s Leadership Program and service trip.
- Funding Guatemalan Youth Board students to come volunteer in the US.
- Supporting our leadership training and community service programs for GV participants in the United States and Guatemala.
We expect to have amazing items up for auction this year as we have had in the past. Some of the exciting and unique items we had up for bid last year included: an African Safari trip for two, a wine package full of exclusive French and Californian wines, a week long vacation to Cabo San Lucas, and a home-cooked Italian dinner, just to name a few.
We encourage and appreciate your support whether if it’s in the form of making a donation, volunteering time toward planning/coordinating, or attending the auction. With your help, Global Visionaries can continue to shape our youth into community leaders in social and environmental justice.
If you’re interested in further information about this year’s auction or would like to know how you can get involved, please email email@example.com or click on the “Events” menu on the Global Visionaries website.
Thank you for your support and we look forward to hearing from you!